GE Controls User's Group
Conference & Expo
August 22-24, 2017
- Mark IV
- Mark IV to Mark VIe Migration
- Mark V to Mark VIe Migration
- Mark V
- Mark VI
- Mark VIe
- Mark VIe Integrated Control System (ICS)
- GE Control System HMI Servers (CIMPLICITY based)
- Review of GE Controls related TILs
- Cyber security - NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) v5
- OpFlex Advanced Controls Software
- New HMI Screens by GE (Active UI)
- Control System Simulators
- Control System Upgrade or Not?
- Mark* Controls Training
- ControlST Software Features
- Lifecycle & Spare parts availability
- Alarm Management with WorkstationST Alarm Viewer
• Gold Sponsor
Sponsored by Mechanical Dynamics & Analysis
Gas Turbine-Generator Services, Parts & Repairs
Badges (Lanyards) Attendee in Seat Award Speaker Gifts
August 22-24, 2017
Conference Overview :
First Day Sessions: Wednesday, Aug. 23 8am - 5pm Users and RSVP* Vendors Second Day Sessions: Thursday, Aug. 24 8am - 5pm Users and RSVP* Vendors
The following bulleted items are functions during the conference, but they are not itemized in the overview above:
• Pre-conference Professional Networking Event [Sporting Clay (Skeet)] 8/22 Noon-4pm RSVP* Users and RSVP* Vendors • the Pre-conference Reception Dinner 8/22 4pm-7pm RSVP* Users and RSVP* Vendors • Breakfast 8/23 7am-8am Users Only • Lunch 8/23 12pm-1pm Users Only • Vendor Fair and Dinner 8/23 5pm-9pm Users and RSVP* Vendors • Breakfast 8/24 7am-8am Users and RSVP* Vendors • Lunch 8/24 12pm-1pm Users and RSVP* Vendors • the Grand Finale and Dinner 8/24 5pm-9pm RSVP* Users and RSVP* Vendors
RSVP Defined: The on-line conference registration form contains a "Yes/No" question for these functions,
thus enabling you to indicate whether your intend to participate in the functions. There
might be an associated fee for the functions.
The World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort was our hotel and conference center.
Please do not contact the hotels until after registering for the conference as instructions are in the registration process.
The GE Controls conference co-located with the GE Frame 5 conference.
Sharing everything except the General Sessions
Pre-conference Networking and Preparation
Sporting Clay (Skeet) : A shotgun sport with clay birds as targets as well as clay rabbits, so this has air and ground tracking. Groups traverse the course of 14 stations in golf carts. At each station, each person takes 6-8 shots at the clay targets in turn. Score sheets are available. According to WikiPedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sporting_clays), 'Sporting clays is a form of clay pigeon shooting, often described as 'golf with a shotgun' because a typical course includes from 10 to 15 different shooting stations laid out over natural terrain. For safety, the course size is often no smaller than 35 acres (14 ha). Unlike trap and skeet, which are games of repeatable target presentations, sporting clays simulates the unpredictability of live-quarry shooting, offering a great variety of trajectories, angles, speeds, elevations, distances, and target sizes."
Transportation OptionsNearest Major TerminalJacksonville International Airport (JAX) (~15 minute drive)(These are informational only. No recommendations.)
Exhibition: Vendor Fair with Dinner
Exhibition: Wednesday, August 23rd 5:00 - 9:00
Exhibition: A booth is required for a Vendor to be at the conference.
Unwind after the conference adjourns
A hole-in-one dinner!
(No golfing required)